Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Time

I have thoroughly enjoyed my summer so far. I can't believe a month and a half have already gone by. I have worked most of it, but I have come to enjoy my job, as I feel more comfortable each day. It's crazy to look at someone's shot record and see that I gave them a shot back in May. While it has gone by fast, May feels like such a long time ago. I don't want to wish my summer away, however, Alex is only starting his second week of camp, out of eight...I hate not being closer to him, especially when I have time off. It will be nice to have him all to myself the first week and a half of August before he starts student teaching.

Riverbend is happening. It's so relaxing to just sit by the river and listen to good music. Once you get past all the people, it's not so frantic. I'm looking forward to spending more time at the pool with friends and spending time with Alex, when he is able to come home for the weekend or I'm able to visit there.

I'm still working on wedding plans. The next big goal is to nail down a florist. So far, I've been to two, and may go to a third. Both have shown me mock-ups of what the bouquets would look like with the flowers I want, and I know no matter who I go with, they will be beautiful! The next is the cake, which is pretty much decided, we just need to get it in paper. After the florist, I think I'll get the invitations ordered so I can have them addressed or ready to address before school starts. I'm praying that no one moves. It will just make it so much easier on me this coming semester. My mom and I will venture to Ikea of Atlanta soon to gather decorations for the reception. I love Ikea and she is so looking forward to it.

On a sadder note, a wonderful friend from school is going through a very difficult time. Almost a week ago, her brother and father were in a terrible boat accident, leaving them both unconscious. I'm not quite sure of the details but they are both still in the hospital. Every day we've had tiny bits of good news. One of my favorite things I've heard is that my friend commented on her brother's facebook, talking about how he and her dad both squeezed her hand yesterday. I just cried knowing that it was so encouraging to Camille. Healing requries a lot of waiting that is so difficult for friends and family. We're still praying Tyson and Mr. Ed!

No comments:

Post a Comment