Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yesterday was one of my first days off during the week that I've had since Alex left for camp. It was so nice and relaxing. I went to the pool with my mom and brother, then went shopping thanks to my mom :), and had plans to go biking at the River Walk downtown but the rain but those plans away and my family just came over and chilled at my apartment. We watched TV and played games and ate cookies. For lunch, I cooked spaghetti, which I know isn't hard, but I cooked! I'm very proud of myself actually taking yesterday off and not cramming a bunch of crazy plans into yesterday so that I could actually rest and recooperate from the last few weeks.

Alex is doing well. The next two weeks of camp will be a little hectic with not a day off until I get there July 1! :( But they'll be ok. The band is doing well and loving having Johann, their electric guitar player, actually there instead of via computer tracks! It allows them to have a lot more freedom during worship and a lot more fun. I hear that he is doing an awesome job at leading Bible study and having conversations with students--pretty impressive for his first FUGE summer. I think they're all loving being at the beach because it allows for some awesome free time activities. They go sea kayaking almost every day off. I've heard about some awesome "sno-balls" that are made with a little bit of ice cream, and some good Korean food. I'm really looking forward to going down there in a week and a half to experience Panama City Beach and spend some vacation time with Alex.

Until then, I am working, going to another wedding as my last post explained, and taking the NCLEX and passing (positive reinforcement!)! Prayers would be appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment