Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Alex is at camp and I am doing really well, if I don't say so myself. No tears have been shed, compared to the last summer when I cried atleast two to three times a week if not more. Alex is doing really well. I am so thankful for the peace God has given me though. I know without a doubt that we are doing the right thing, otherwise Alex and I wouldn't have the peace that we have in this decision we have made to be apart for a few weeks. Last year I really struggled being away while planning the wedding and working, and I felt like I was missing something. This summer I have a lot of determination to be strong for Alex and myself because crying all the time is exhausting and I'm not fun to talk to. I am also keeping myself very busy working almost 40 hours a week, helping with VBS, planning time with friends, and studying for the NCLEX. I am staying strong for Alex so that he knows I support him, but I know that it's not from within my own self that the strength is coming. Praise Jesus! Marriage still works even if you're not together every night!

Speaking of the NCLEX, I am scheduled to take it June 28 and am studying for it every day via an online review course. For now I am staying at my current job because I absolutely love it. I'm struggling with what I should do as far as looking for another job. I'm not sure if I should wait for my dream job and until then work where I am, or bite the bullet and get a floor nurse job and hate it until I get my dream job, OR stay where I am for a while and LOVE it and wait it out. I'm praying about it but it's hard to discern what God wants me to do from what I really want to do and be comfortable with.

Busy, busy, busy as always! Loving life though. I'm going to four weddings the next three weekends and I get to see Alex on Friday so I'm super pumped. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment