Monday, June 20, 2011

Weddings Galore!

After this coming weekend, Bethany and Kyle's wedding will make my fourth wedding in three weeks! It really is the season of weddings for all the people my age, as Alex was a groomsman in the first one of the four, and I was a bridesmaid in the second one. I will post pictures after this weekend of all four weddings. :)

Wedding #1: Chris and Glendra Craig

Chris and Glendra and really good friends of Alex and myself. Alex met Chris in middle school and I met Glendra in high school. The four of us went to prom together, we did lots of double dates and triple dates with other couples and had a lot of fun together. Their wedding was at the General Woods Inn in Rising Fawn, Georgia. Since it was so close to my friend Mary's house, two of my friends and I went to her house to hang out before the wedding after dropping off our groomsmen. Once we got back up to the Inn we were ready for the wedding. It was pretty warm outside still at 5 pm. It had rained that afternoon too so the humidity was terrible. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. When I post pictures you will be able to see the backdrop of mountains they had behind them when they said their vows. Their Zelda theme was very tastefully done. :) Food and cake were delicious. I happened to win VIP passes to Riverbend from work for Saturday night and since Alex came in for the weekend we decided to head out after dinner to spend some time by ourselves. The bride and groom were totally ok with it--thanks Chris and Glendra for being awesome about that. I heard the rest of the reception was a rockin' party with lots of dancing!

The Beach Boys played at Riverbend Saturday night with special guest John Stamos!!! It was such a blast. Alex and I sang along and danced the whole time. Of course I was stoked that John Stamos was there playing and singing with the Beach Boys but they put on an awesome show. So glad Alex and I went.

Wedding #2: JT and Katie Nelson

Katie and I met in high school and have been best friends since then! Through us going to separate colleges and her starting her teaching career, each time we see each other we just pick up where we left off. Our time together is usually also with our other best friend Molly White. The three of us were a mess in high school--so silly but great friends and it remains that way! It was so much fun to be a part of Katie's wedding and to be around those friends. All the bridesmaids spent Friday night at a hotel (thanks to Katie's mom!). We watched silly Youtube videos and did our nails and ate cupcakes and played Mad Gab and finally crashed around 1:30 am. It was also great to get to know a couple of JT's sisters who were bridesmaids. That family is so funny and awesome! Glad we're friends now. :) Saturday, we woke up and at breakfast together and started doing our hair. We had a lot of chill time at her house after we left the hotel because there were so many people to help set the wedding up, which was in her parent's backyard. The sun stayed around until about 4 pm as we were finishing up pictures, and then dark clouds rolled in bringing thunder and then of course...rain. I thought everyone was going to make a run for the tent so I did, but the rest of the family and bridal party just huddled in the barn. I was in the tent for about 20 to 30 min with some of Katie's family when we saw everyone running from the barn! Thankfully water dries so no one's clothes were messed up and Katie looked beautiful despite the rain. Thank goodness she was an awesome bride and took the rain with grace! She was so carefree and laidback that it made that crazy situation of everyone under the tent surrounded by pouring rain fun and not stressful. A lot of people still showed up and we were only delayed about an hour. The ceremony was still able to happen outside and it was beautiful. When the music started playing I just started crying because I was so happy it was actually happening. Lots of waiting but so worth it. The sun started to come out about 8 pm, just in time to wish the off! Definitely unforgettable!

Wedding #3: John and Becky Partin

John is one of my many cousins and he and Becky got married around the same time Katie did, so as soon as I left Katie's wedding I headed downtown to catch the end of their reception and to see some of my family. The band was really good and so much fun to listen to. If I had had a dance partner I would have been dancing the whole time I was there. When they started playing "Jesse's Girl" I had to get up and dance, so I pulled my 8 yr old cousin up and he danced with me some. It was so good to see my family and catch a glimpse of the bride and groom and give them a hug of congrats at the end of their celebration! A very exhausting day, but it wasn't over yet. My friend Sarah met me at the reception downtown and after I changed we headed down towards the river to catch the fireworks at Riverbend. Most of the way, we ran because they started while we were still walking, which I'm paying for now with some painful shin splints but the fireworks were good and we still got to see a good bit of them. I slept really well after two weddings and a late night with the fireworks!

This weekend Mary, Molly and I are heading to Memphis to see Bethany's wedding. I met Bethany through Molly and we were in a Bible study together. I'm so pumped to spend some quality time with Mary and Molly because this summer has been crazy and I'm pumped to be in Memphis for Bethany's wedding. We may even make a stop at Graceland. :) Pictures to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment