Saturday, January 15, 2011

South Carolina, Snow and The Sound of Music

I finally got to travel with the Seth Medley Band last weekend to Lancaster, South Carolina, pronounce "Lank-aster" not "Lan-caster." Since I'm know a wife of a member, I get to travel if there's a place for me to stay that's not an inconvenience to the band (like in a host home, or if we pay for the hotel ourselves). Molly and I stayed with an awesome chic named Catherine (sp?) which was great. Surprisingly, it was nice to have a bed away from the noisy boys! We got plenty of time with them during the day and on the trip! **We had a return to the war conversation prompted by me mentioning how much I liked Irresistible Revolution, that included raised voices and lots of repetition...it was not fruitful, except that we learned to maybe never discuss politics in a car.** It was great to watch Alex, my hubby, praise God and lead worship as a part of the SMB outside of our church. It was great to be with the guys in fellowship and on the road. I was very much looking forward to it and had so much fun!

Sunday night is started snowing......I've never NOT wanted snow so much! It never snowed this much in Chattanooga during my childhood when I didn't have to drive in it. Monday was fun, waking up to everything white and getting a text saying that work was closed. However, after many episodes of 30 Rock and finding things to do around the apartment, I was restless. It would have been much better had one of our friends (cough cough) let us get snowed in at their house, but no, that did not happen so we were all bored. Tuesday I did more chores then we headed to my parent's house to sled!
After 2 times down the hill we were done. Playing games and watching movies with my family was a lot of fun. Thursday we finally ventured out because of work. Now I just hope that UTC won't have to push graduation back since we missed the first week of spring semester. :-/ This has been the longest week! I'm looking forward to more of a routine this coming week.

The Seth Medley Band headed out again yesterday for Nashville to play at First Baptist. I had prior commitments today so I stayed home which wasn't terrible. First night at the apartment by myself and I survived! Pretty proud of that, especially since we don't have any animals yet. :) I spent some much needed time with Jon and Lizzy last night and after some delicious taco fun and a few crazy rounds of Bananagrams we watched "The Sound of Music" which is such a great movie. I'm pretty sure I said, "I love this movie," about 2500 times during the movie! It's been stuck in my head since then too.

In other news, Alex (my husband--I love saying that!) is starting a blog! It will be way better than mine because he's an excellent writer and it'll pertain to more than just the thoughts floating around in his head, like my blog is! Check it out.
Also, wedding pictures are done!!! They are so beautiful. Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment