Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coupon-ing!

I have started coupon-ing. Although it may sound self-explanatory, they have workshops about coupon-ing! My bff Katie Newsome and I went to one, after our other bff Molly White gushed about how much she loved it and how much money they had saved in just a few months. Katie found a workshop that we could both go to, so we went!

It was quite an adventure. If you really interested in one, check out their website. I learned a few things about coupons that I didn't know before, but more about how to use them in a polite way. For instance, instead of shouting at the cashier because your expired coupon won't scan, go through your coupons and send your expired ones to military families overseas. Instead of taking every single box of Kraft Mac and Cheese, call ahead and tell them you're going to buy a case of it...things like that. I've gotten into printable coupons, which you can print from the internet. They change every month and I can choose which ones I want to print, that way I don't waste paper and ink on ones we'll never use. Right now my coupons vary from "$1 off assorted Valentine's Candy" to "$1 off Pilot Precise V5/V7 capped and retractable pens." Internet printables can be used anywhere, and FYI Bilo doubles coupons every day! So if I can find those pens at Bilo, it'll be for $2 off! Woo hoo! Every nurse needs tons of clicky pens...

Our first grocery store trip with coupons, we saved $45.46 at Bilo and $19.43 at Publix. The coupons weren't the bulk of that though since we're just starting out. It was maily Bilo Bonus Card, Buy One Get One Free deals (Bilo and Publix), 10 for $10 deals (Bilo), and Meal Deals (Bilo). I'll keep updating as we get more into it. Coupon-ing takes a lot of planning.

Awesome deal I'll pass on! Restaurant.com is having a deal--$25 restaurant certificates for $3! **Type in "MEAL" as a promotion code and click 'Apply.'** You can only use them on select restaurants in Chattanooga. My favorites are: The Station House, The Melting Pot, Blue Orleans, and Foodworks. Those are pretty pricy places (alliteration! woo!), BUT if you get four (like we did) $25 certificates, that's a $100 meal for only $12!! And they don't expire!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for couponing... Yay for new Blog look. I love it and I love you. keep up the good blogs!

    ReplyDelete