Friday, September 28, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Alex and I are homeowners! Its crazy and weird and exciting! I'm not sure the weight of a mortgage has hit me yet, and that's ok! I hope it never does. I'm just thinking of it as a more serious rent payment, I guess. Our lease is up on Sunday. I've spent the last two days playing Cinderella in our apartment so it's nice and clean when the manager walks through. I think I'll feel so much better once all our things are at the house and we're not split between the two anymore.

We are working on putting everything away and getting into a groove at the house. Right now, we're sleeping in what will be the guest room since we just bought new bedroom furniture for the master. Unfortunately it will be two to four weeks until our bedroom furniture comes in so right as we're getting used to being in the house, we'll jump rooms!

When we first looked at the house, we thought we wouldn't need to paint anything. It's all colors we like, very neutral and tasteful. The more I'm in the house though the more I think, "Yeah, I'd like to paint the master, and the hallway and the master bath and the living room." I just want to make it our space. We may end up painting the master since we have no furniture in there and we've got a couple of weeks, but we'll see. Furniture was our number one priority, so we'll have to consult the budget. Luckily, paint isn't too expensive. I'll have to think about curtains in there too if we paint...oh man! Maybe I'll get adventurous and DIY it up!

We have a new couch coming soon, hopefully it will be in next week! And we're in the process of finding a TV cabinet. The previous owners had a giant mirror on one of the walls in the living room, which Alex really liked. It definitely made the room feel bigger. Maybe if we can find a good deal we'll get that as well.

Next on our list of things to get is a dining room table. Man, are they expensive or what?! For just a table and chairs. We're just using what we had right now which looks fine. It's a cute little breakfast nook. I think I'll eventually spray paint some frames we had at the apartment and change out the art that's in them, but I'll get to that later. I was hoping to get some landscaping done this fall since it's the perfect time for it! But since we just bought furniture, that's going to have to wait til next year. The yard is fine the way it is anyway. I can't wait to plant some hydrangeas! They're going to be everywhere!

I'll have to wait to post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment