Tuesday, August 3, 2010

God Provides

This summer I have been reminded over and over that God provides! When my dinosaur-of-a-digital-camera is about to croak, Alex brings home a nice digital camera that was in lost and found all summer (btw, no memory card and camera is dead). When I have just payed off my credit card and have almost no money in my checking account and I go to my roommate's birthday party---someone offers to buy my dinner, and won't take no for an answer! When I asked God for quality time with my girlfriends, I had three girl nights in one week, and that happened more than once! When I begged God for a way out of spending so much money on the wedding, he gave us a contact for a cake baker who can give us a deal that is 50% less than any other bakery! When I asked God to provide Alex with support and comfort for all the change in his life, he meets 15 new friends at camp who jump right into his life and encourage him everyday! When I asked God to give me a love for his word, he did.

I could keep going...I am so overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness and unbelief that my life would be so blessed by my heavenly father! Not to say this summer has been perfect. Ask Alex-he'll tell you I struggled, and he struggled as well. But God gave us resources to get through and we've made it through!

I'm not scared for what marriage is going to bring. I'm not nervous about financial issues or the "what ifs" anymore. I am confident that even through difficult times, God will show his glory and we just have to give it right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment